The Operations Staff at Spoonflower help us serve our rapidly growing community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers. Spoonflower strives to provide its customers with timely service and high quality products. This position is responsible for the floor operations at Spoonflower, which includes monitoring product quality, cutting, packing & shipping fabric, wallpaper, gift wrap and decals. In addition to floor operations, this position is responsible for participating in all aspects of print operations at Spoonflower, which includes operating print machinery, printing orders on fabric and paper, participating in floor operations as needed, and monitoring quality of both the product and the process at every step.
• Cutting down fabric, wallpaper, gift wrap as they are printed and prepare items for shipping.
• Quality assurance of all the products produced. The members of the Operations team are the last people to see our products before it reaches the customer and are accountable for making sure it is free of printing or material flaws.This requires the candidate to be a careful and conscientious person who pays attention to detail and respects and understands the expectations and needs of Spoonflower customers.
• Shipping finished products to customers to both domestic and international addresses. Assure the the orders are correct and routed to the correct customer.
• Loading rolls of paper and fabric onto heating machines, and operating the machines safely and efficiently.
• Loading fabric and ink onto printers.
• Operating printers in the production of printed fabric and paper.
• Maintaining printers and other equipment used in the print process.
• Managing the queues of orders
• Proficient use of the software and programs needed to print and manage the print queues.
• May assist with training and mentoring other members of the team as knowledge and seniority allow.
• Reports issues affecting production through the proper channels.
• Uses creativity and common sense to troubleshoot basic problems.
• Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal, shipping and printing softwares. Communications should be professional, and written communications should employ a college standard of grammar, spelling, and composition.
Intrepid problem solving and improvisation. Good team communications, flexibility, and a sense of adventure are crucial to fixing things and minimizing the impact of problems.
• Able to cut fabric safely using handheld rotary cutters.
• Lift approximately 22 kg in assistance of loading, unloading and storing materials and equipment.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Working English proficiency
• Willingness to work in an environment with chemicals such as inks and solvent-based glues.
• Because of Spoonflower’s operational needs, employees may be scheduled 2nd or 3rd shift hours and/or Saturdays. In general, your shift is part of your employment agreement and not at the will of the scheduler.
Spoonflower offers print on-demand fabric, wallpaper, and gift wrap. Based in Durham, North Carolina, we are opening a second office and print facility in Berlin. We offer a fun, creative environment and are looking for a unique group of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise to come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower and the Berlin office.